Before deciding on a food supplier, you should consider following the following steps. The choice of a poor supplier not only influences the quality of your dishes but can also affect the operation of your restaurant. Therefore, before deciding on one supplier or another, you will have to examine the following aspects:
The needs of your restaurant
Supply has to satisfy your needs and those of your customers. The budget you have also determines who will be your supplier. You can increase the quality of your product as the budget increases. And better quality can help earn more in your restaurant.
You must also always consider the needs of your team. Especially those of the chef, since they will be the one that will be most influenced by the chosen ingredients. If you want to know how to select the best supplier for certain ingredients, speak with your chef first before making a final decision. For example, if you are looking for fruit puree suppliers UK restaurant owners recommend, your chef might be able to suggest one.
Characteristics that a good food supplier must have
Before making the choice of a food supplier, you must not only look at the ingredients you need, but you must also assess how the supplier works. It will do you no good if a product is good but the organization supplying it is disorganized or very unreliable.
Based on this, we believe that the most relevant characteristics of a good supplier are the following:
Sources of food
They do not deceive about the quality and origin of the products and always sell you the best. A good supplier does not misrepresent the quality of its supply, nor does it deceive about its respective origin.
Reliable and organized suppliers will take delivery of your most important orders seriously. This is a very important point since a supplier that does not meet this requirement will affect the operation of your restaurant.
Quality and price
There is a balance between quality and price. A good supplier justifies a high price with a good quality of supply.
What should you do before selecting a food supplier?
The trial and error method may not be the best when it comes to choosing your food provider. That is why you should keep the following tips in mind:
- Look for references.You can search for information about them and their history, the restaurants to which they supply their products, how these establishments work, etc.
- Negotiate good prices and payment plans. Try to get discounts. Ask about them and what requirements you must meet to obtain them.
- Communicate any problems you have. Try to resolve incidents and report them so that they do not recur.
- Try to get a long-term business relationship. The provider will take you into account if they know you, and the service will also be better.
- Evaluate references, licences and experience. For example, there are international certificates for suppliers that have passed distinguished review processes.
Keep in mind that it is better to have several providers. A single supplier will never be able to satisfy all your needs. If what you are looking for is an unbeatable product, you might need a supplier for each ingredient.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Health category