Low-end devices are the final frontier for online gaming platforms. These platforms are already dominating high-end devices. Even mid-priced cell phones can support these platforms with ease. However, users with low-end devices is still an untapped market. In the past, too much priority on building platforms for high-end devices stalled the progress.
How Developers are Managing with Limited Options
Creating games for low-end devices is difficult as developers can’t expect the same amounts of revenue. However, here are the tricks they use to create a balanced form of online game development
- Scalable Games – Games that work perfectly on high-end devices can easily operate on low-end devices. Developers need to tweak the game’s design and optimization. For instance, this website adapts to the texture, design, and mappings of all devices. So, a user with a 2D-device will have a similar gaming experience, even if the game operates on 3D-devices.
- Creating Only 2D Games – In 2D games, developers can amass all of their graphics assets into one plan.
- Macro-texturing – The textures in a game impact its ability to function on low-end devices. Macro-texturing enables developers to incorporate various graphics features without making the game hard to load.
Key Decisions to Make
When developers wish to make the best sites for poker available for low-end device users, they need to make numerous key decisions. Some of them include –
- Running the game engine’s profiler to detect potential quirks in the performance.
- They run the game countless times on low-end devices to ensure there are no performance issues.
- Include lesser coexisting HTTP connections in the games. Low-end devices have very few CPU threads. So, games with too many HTTP connections drains the battery.
- Disable animations.
- Try to reduce the number of Personal Information Exchange Formats (PFX) in the game.
- Lower the number of sound features.
What Can Users Do?
Users of low-end devices can take valuable steps to optimize their devices for gaming. Some easy steps include –
- Downloading the latest updates of graphics drivers (for free)
- Use optimization tools to make their devices faster
- Upgrade the graphics card
Modern developers are now slowly implementing innovative and cost-effective game development tactics. Do your part by playing smart and adopting these simple measures!
If you want to learn more about our blog, please click here
Leave a Reply